Santierul Naval Constanta S.A, located in the Black Sea area, is ranked among the largest new-buildings and ship-repairs yards in Europe and is the world's 3rd place shipbuilder for medium range products & chemical tankers. Accessible by sea through the Bosphorus Strait and by river through Danube – Black Sea Channel, the shipyard provides to the worldwide ship-owners and managers the ideal location for building and repairing of sea-going vessels up to 200,000 dwt.
- 2,800m berth for vessel's draft up to 8m, fully equipped with all necessary shiprepair facilities, Power supply 3 x 380V; 50 Hz / 3x440 V; 60 Hz, Oxyacetylene, Welding gas supply, Sea & Fresh Water, Compressed air: 6/9 bar.
Type of works
- Standard dry-dock works which include: Hull, Tanks & Cargo Holds cleaning & painting, blasting & hydro blasting to various grades, pressure up to 2.200 bar, repairs or replacement of Sea Chests and Strainers, Cathodic protection, Anchors, Chain lockers, Valves, rudders, Tailshaft & Stern tube
- Major surface treatment application for cargo holds & cargo tanks
- Extensive steel works renewals
- Mechanical & Electrical works (regular & also specialized works of high complexity level)
- Pipe works (piping replacement & new piping systems installation)
- Overhauling of any type of Main & Auxiliary Engines, including parts reconditioning
- Overhauling of any type of Turbochargers
- Cutting & welding equipment
- Grit blasting, hydro blasting & any other type of cleaning works facilities
- Air- less painting facilities
- Pipe works & pipe bending facilities
- Hot galvanizing facilities
- Various machining equipment, including rotors balancing
- Cherry pickers & scaffolding for close up survey
Santierul Naval Constanta S.A is able to undertake the repairs of any type of vessel up to 200.000 dwt and has repaired till today more than 5.000 vessels, with an annual average is 80 – 100 vessels. The steel renewal rate is 5 – 15 tons per day (subject to work’s location & size), the surface treatment rate is 4.000 sq.m. per day and the total volume of staging available is up to 150.000 sq. meters.