CAMEROON SHIPYARD & INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING - CHANTIER NAVAL ET INDUSTRIEL DU CAMEROUN S.A. “CNIC” is a big marine & industrial engineering complex established in 1988, dedicated to serve the needs of the Shipping Companies and Marine Industry and in our days has developed to a leading ship repair & conversion yard in the of West Africa.
To successfully accomplish its mission, CNIC draws on the combined strengths of its ideal location, modern technological and logistic facilities as well as, the competence and devotedness of its skilled personnel to offer quality services to its Offshore & Marine clients.
CNIC is ideally located for vessels and rigs operating along the Dakar – Tema – Lomé - Port Harcourt – Douala - Port Gentil - Luanda axis of the Atlantic Ocean and especially the Gulf of Guinea area.
“CNIC” is based in Douala & Limbe - Cameroon, one of the most peaceful, economically secure and politically stable countries in West Africa. CNIC current base at Douala is 4 Km from the international airport of Douala, which serves as a major link with regular daily flights to and from Europe, able to facilitate personnel’s transportation as well as the quick provision of all other services. In addition the Douala base is within the Douala Port Complex, which provides for seamless materials and personnel movement/forwarding with the assistance of yard’s Agency and Transit Service.
Positioned at the heart of the Gulf of Guinea, CNIC's strategic location enables its marine service to effectively and efficiently satisfy ship owners and operators in this region. With competitive pricing, emphasis on quality work, timely delivery, and its commitment to personnel safety and environmental standards, CNIC has also been able to garner a large international clientele for a wide range of Marine projects.
- Multi-wheel transport : 250 tons capacity.
- Forklift truck: up to 22 tons lifting capacity.
- Portable crane : 400 tons capacity.
- Covered fabrication area: 5.000 sq. meters
- Blasting & Painting area: 500 sq. meters
- Warehousing & Storage area: 2.000 sq. meters.
- Assembly & Erection area: 2.000 sq. meters.
Some of the activities of “CNIC” Shipyard:
- Dry-docking & repairs of any kind of vessels, i.e. Bulk Carriers, Tanker vessels, Containers, supply boats, etc.
- Dry-docking & repairs of Offshore service vessels (OSVs)/Dredgers/patrol boats/frigates/fishing vessels/trawlers etc.
Marine activities include:
- On site surveys carried out by CNIC engineers to help the clients define the scope of the works for the repair projects.
- Project engineering with computer – aided design facilities.
- Dry-docking & repair services for vessels on floating docks of 10.000, 3.500, 1.000 & 500 tons lifting capacity.
- Afloat repair services to vessels.
- Surface treatment & painting of hulls & closed spaces on vessels.
- Repair & rebuilding of pre-existing steel structures to international standards.
- Rebuilding & repair of all piping systems as well as dredging of pipes to international standards.
- Installation, overhauling & maintenance works on mechanical & propulsive equipment including propeller polishing
- Fabrication & machining of parts of various equipment
- Installation of equipment, i.e. cranes, winches, etc.
- Maintenance & installation of electrical & electronic equipment.
- Overhauling of sea chests & valves
- Overhauling & maintenance of dredging equipment.
- Logistics, procurement & material management for repair projects.
- Subcontracting company for safety equipment.
In the shipyard are operating the following workshops:
- Steel & Welding.
- Pipe fitting
- Mechanical workshop
- Engine’s repair workshop.
- Electrical department
SECOND MAIN SITE OF CNIC IN LIMBE :
Limbe is one hour drive from Douala. In the Limbe site, “CNIC” possess:
- Breakwater of 700 meters
- Depth of 12 meters
- Site for Offshore repairs (Rigs- Jack-Ups & Semi – submersibles).
- 400 meters of quays.
- It is the site of the future, regarding the extension of the “CNIC” company.